Another new skirt.
I picked this fabric up at a church yard sale back in May for less than $1. It's loud and bossy and I knew right away I wanted a skirt out of it. It's a thicker (and admittedly a little scratchy) fabric. I suspect it was going to be a couch covering or crazy curtains.
I made up a little necklace to go with it. I just braided three long skinny torn strips for the band and rolled the strips and hand sewed for the flowers. I didn't intend to make a 'bib' style necklace, but one flower turned to three, then a whole bib was in place. I wore this last week and got several compliments on the necklace. One was from the teller at the drive through window at the bank. I wasn't even in the first lane closest to her. She could either tell how styling I was from far away or it's a little too big and bulky and caught her eye from afar.
The best part of the skirt is the side zipper. I'm all about a zipper pouch, but had never put in a zipper in clothing. Turns out it wasn't hard either.
I didn't get the top lined up right, but I know what happened and it doesn't show. I do need to take the skirt in just a little and I might fix this then. I didn't use a pattern, I just traced an existing skirt. I didn't take into account that at the waist band, I'd need to fold in to make the finished top, that made the skirt bigger at the top than I had expected.
I need to take it in, but at the rate I'm eating cinnamon roll pancakes, I might as well leave it.