Monday, July 4, 2011

new dress

I went searching for some thin knit fabric for another dress using this pattern and I found this busy red white and blue.  It was on clearance and I had a coupon.  Score.  I left off the collar this time, lengthened the sleeves and added side pickets. I forgot I was going to change the shoulder a little.  I guess I'll have to make a third with that change. 


This fabric and this pattern are so comfortable.  It's like that whole year in college when I wore flannel pajama pants.  Bee took my pictures.  Here's one where you can see the length.  It's longer than the last one.


Instead of a belt of the same material, I made a white one with some rings my sister gave me from an old belt. 


There's a little texture on the white fabric, I don't know if you can see it in the picture.  It's why I liked the fabric.  


This little ric rac flower has been a new hobby.  I've made several.  You would have seen pictures if I hadn't lost that whole SD card of pictures.  I'll retake them some time.


I'm feeling pretty patriotic today in my red white and blue.  I'm like a big flag, a big floral flag.   Happy 4th to you, no matter what you're wearing.

1 comment:

jess_hak said...

This fabric is fantastic! I did happen to wear white pants, red and white shirt, and blue slingback heels to church on Sunday....people smiled at me. Whether it was because they thought it looked cute or because they thought I was crazy I have yet to figure out. :)