Monday, August 24, 2009

Bee's new lamp

It's not really new, in fact, Bee has had this lamp since her baby nursery days. Bee had a moon and stars nursery and this little lamp fit right in. It really puts out the right amount of light for her to read before she goes to bed. I thought it needed a little update.



I pulled out the moon and little bear, which came out pretty easily. I looked for lampshades at two stores, but didn't find anything I liked, so I painted it. Bee's room has flowers, so I cut out fabric flowers (I ironed on some wonder under, cut, then removed the paper backing). Finally, I modge podged the fabric flowers onto the lamp shade.

I added the little wooden flower that we picked up at JoAnns. It's attached with hot glue.

Bee was waiting up for me to finish her lamp this evening, but when I went to take it to her room, she was sound asleep. I can't wait for her to see it in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out well. I know Bee will be happy with it. gma

Unknown said...

Hi,

So cuite !!! I like your blog...

see ya