Sunday, August 16, 2009

shirt to a shirt

I have made Bee two 'shirt to a dress' dresses and I decided it was my turn. Hubby had this great linen like flowy work shirt that he never wore. Yeah for me.



Kids were sleeping in my room so my normal tracing of an existing shirt didn't so much work. I just eyeballed it. I cut the shape, added elastic in the sleeves and collar and scrapped together enough fabric from the sleeves to make a belt.



If I would have traced one of my current tanks, I probably wouldn't have needed the belt, but I really like the look of it. I had been saving this shirt to make myslef a flowy linen like skirt, but I like what I ended up with.

Lou took this picture... he's 2. Here we are right before the move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now we know the future of Lou. Our Dr. to be will have a hobby of photography. gma