Saturday, August 8, 2009

shell project

I've been thinking about this shell project for awhile... I want a really big shadow box to display shells. I wanted the shells to show different sizes of common shells we find here in FL, like the display boards at the beach. I have the shells and I have a nice identification chart. I don't know if I'm happy with it yet, I had to get it put together though so we can move with it. I have been thinking how to attach the shells and finally settled on the plain old hot glue gun. Surprisingly, so far, the glue working. I wanted little labels identifying the shell's name, but think I have so many shells, that it might be too much. This picture isn't great, I'll take another when we get it to the new house...



what do you think.... too much already going on- I should thin it out, is there room for me to add labels, leave it alone? I'm just not sure.

2 comments:

Lesia said...

chunk5I really think you should find two smaller matching boxes (not sure if this is possible) and spread the shells out -- maybe by type or size??? then you could label them

Kelly said...

I love it! Probably bc it's so "florida" and will be a great reminder of your time there.