Tuesday, September 22, 2009

lovely leaf craft

That artist woman shared a neat technique for water color painting over crumpled tissue paper. She has been using that technique for several different projects, trying some things out to prepare projects for her art students. They have been too advanced for my little artist, until this one making fall leaves.


We used plain white tempra paint to 'glue' the crumpled tissue paper down as well and for the top coat. I wasn't sure if it would work the same as what she did, but it seemed to do fine. Here's the back side of the paper where I traced the leaf shape.




The kids didn't want me to tell them what colors to use, so they got to one in fall leaf colors for me and one free choice colors. Blue leaves? Probably somewhere in the world there is a tree with blue leaves, right? These pictures are before I realized we didn't paint veins.





We used one of them to make a card to attach to a gift.



No comments: