Friday, September 25, 2009

corn husk dolls

Kim at 4 Crazy Kings shared a while back about how she was going to learn to make corn husk dolls. Since then, I've been looking for our corn husk doll family created years ago. I also have been seeing them all over the bogs I read too. And, I read too many. I found them in one of my school boxes. I forgot I taught my 6th graders to make them one year. Here are our dolls.




I will be making more after the farmers plow, which should be shortly. I like to use the leftovers in the field after harvest. I will take lots of pictures to describe how we make ours, but until then:


angry chicken shared this link at her site to a great tutorial on making corn husk dolls.


Her cup overfloweth has some nice pictures describing the process too.

2 comments:

Mama King said...

Wow, they look great. I gave up on our husks and was waiting to buy some so I could do this. Thanks for re - inspiring me. Your the best!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!!!

Thanks again for fixing my shirt!!


LOVE ALWAYS,

DAD