Monday, September 28, 2009

back from traveling

We are back from our travels and settled again. I finally was able to upload pictures last night and at least check my email. I have a strict no computer until the bags are unpacked and laundry is going strong rule. Despite that fact that we went for a funeral, we had a really good time. It was good to see all my siblings, as well as other family. I found out that I have more readers of my blog than I thought! There must be some rule that if your relative writes a blog, you are obligated to read it, or at least browse occasionally (just kidding, they read under heavy threat). I have a few posts coming soon from our little trip, including several new recipes. These picture will be of little interest to most, maybe except the previous required readers, but here are some family pictures from last week.

Bee used some of the flowers to play wedding. We played over and over and over. My aunt was so patient and agreed to be the flower girl, the maid, the bride, and even probably the groom. The roles rotated. Here my sister and cousin (fresh from a jog) are the ring 'berry' and flower girl



The reception. Lots of dancing and repeated throwing of the bouquet.



That's my hubby on the right, me holding lou, my handsome brother, my youngest sister, and other beautiful sister holding Bee. We missed my brothers lovely wife who has become like a sister to us.


There was some flower arranging.




Bee and Gramma. You can't see much of it here, but my Grandma has such a lovely home.


Apparently my uncle is a dog whisperer. His dog was doing some fancy tricks for us.


We snuck out for some wings after everybody went to bed. Same people as above, except hubby stayed home in case the kids woke and my cousin came along. Our 5 IDs represented 5 different states.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not required to read your blog. It keeps your family closer to me. Aunt Donna feels closer also by keeping up with what is going on. My home does take some good pictures and I hope you continue to watch the background when you snap. LOL gma

Kelly said...

I love your blog and read it bc I like it - not bc I'm required!
I missed you all so much last week. Wish I could have been there.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog too!

By the way, doesn't Thompson make a great ring "berry!"