Sunday, November 22, 2009

turkey crafts and the nature center

This week at the nature center, we talked turkeys. There were real turkey feathers in the touch box and I read a few random turkey books. Our craft was a toilet paper turkey. I had the feathers and beaks precut, but would not have done that if our audience was older. These guys are little bitty ones, mostly 2 year olds.



Or, here is a lovely advanced version of a toilet paper turkey from Four Crazy Kings. Also, I must share a picture of the room where we have our class. These are the files where the supplies for our class are stored. If you've been around for awhile, you may remember that I really really dislike birds. This makes retrieving the glue and other supplies tricky. That owl is ready to attack me!

Here is another random turkey craft: The brown place mat below is Bee's place mat from her school thanksgiving party. The yellow is our recreation at home. Lou had to have one too. There was much crying about this. They are laminated so we can use them all month. 

2 comments:

grandma said...

Better bring those pretty place mats to Grandma's. They would look nice on the new to me little table this week. I am getting more excited.

Mama King said...

Thanks so much for the link. I really like the place mat idea! We may have to make some for Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving!