Saturday, November 14, 2009

problem solving

I had this great book that I used when teaching second and third grade. It was called "Read, Draw, Solve" and had the students do just that, read the problem, draw it out, and solve it. I made Bee a little book in the same style. I can't believe the problems that she is able to figure out by drawing out the problem. My 4 year old is figuring out addition, subtraction, and even multiplication problems without even realizing it.














The best part is that she thinks it's fun. Lou thinks it's fun too. He sits with a blank tablet and solves them with us. He repeats parts of the problem over and over and draws little scribbles. It's so funny.

3 comments:

Dad said...

Of copurse you know where they get their math skills and overall intelligence...My only question is about the cats. If one is on the bed, all five cats would be there.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Clara said...

I love reading your blog, you give such great ideas!

Mama King said...

Wow! Amazing! What a great idea. My Lu would love this too. Thanks :-)