Saturday, January 2, 2010

hawaiian muffins

Here's a yummy recipes that the kids and I made up just before Christmas. They were so sweet and soft. We will be making them again. This recipe is from a cookbook that one of my Aunts gave my Grandma. They both read the blog of a girl in Alabama and her family put together a cook book as a fundraiser. I'll have to find a link to that because when I google it I get all kinds of things that are not it.


Brook's Hawaiian Muffins
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t soda
1/2 t cinnamon
1 c sugar
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla
1/2 c nuts (optional and not in ours)
2 eggs
3/4 c oil
2 or 3 mashed bananas
small can crushed pineapple, drained

combine dry ingredients. Add other ingredients. Spoon into greased or sprayed muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Don't try to eat them all before the family gets some too.

3 comments:

Carole Davids said...

These look yummy.

grandma said...

I received another cookbook to replace the one I gave you. These muffins will be one of the things I try very soon. I'm glad you like to experiment and I would bet your family likes it too.

Valerie said...

Thanks for your sweet gift via the brown paper package exchange. I hope you received my thank you card. everything was fabulous!! Love your blog!!