Thursday, January 14, 2010

snow day

I've been saying it since Christmas. If it's going to be this cold, there might as well be snow. We finally did get some snow. Apparently, there isn't always a measurable snow each year in our area of southern Indiana, and the town isn't great at dealing with it. We had about 2 inches of snow and school was canceled for two days. Growing up in northern Indiana meant winters with a good amount of snow- so hubby and I were a little confused with everyone's concern over 2 inches. Regardless, we had a terrific time playing in the snow (we were ready since I insisted on everyone getting snow boots this year), eating snow ice ream and having lots of fires in the fireplace.



We only had one friend come to the nature center this week. We made paper snowflakes. Since school was canceled, the kids and bundled up and went for a decent hike on the snowy trails. They had a great time following animal tracks. I didn't take my camera since it was still snowing pretty decently at the time. The kids were having such a fin time, I wish I had been able to take a few pictures.



When the news talked about a snow storm coming and people all ran out to get milk and toilet paper, I ran out and bought extra baking supplies and crafting supplies. The kids and I have been using the extra time inside to bake and craft so it's all worked out well. We sure would like to get back to school though.
snow icecream.... yum!

3 comments:

grandma said...

Hopefully, our snow will do some melting today. Our street is still snow packed. The snow plow came by about the second day so we had packed it down pretty good before. The kids could have made a larger snowman here. Of all times, I was given a recipe for a ice cream dessert to make for senior game day at church. I had planned to take peaches and cream cake.

Anonymous said...

Cool snowman...I have not had snow ice cream in so long. I'm sure the kids had a great time.

Love Always,

Dad

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love that cute little snowman! how do you make snow ice cream??