Saturday, January 30, 2010

fool proof sugar cookies

When I was pregnant with Bee, I realized that I didn't have a roll out sugar cookie recipe. How could I be a mom without a fool proof sugar cookie recipe? Isn't that something you are supposed to do with your kid.... make seasonal cookies with gobs of icing? At the time, it seemed as important as having bunches of clean, lovingly folded onsies. A friend from an online forum (that I used to spend way to much time on) shared this recipe and we love it. It has been important.... maybe not as important as having clothes for a baby, but close.

We usually do circle, because the kids get so frustrated when we can't ice their giraffe to look just like a giraffe.
Sugar cookies
½ c butter (room temp)
1 c sugar
1 egg
2-3 T milk
1 ½ t vanilla
2 c flour
2 t bkg powder
¼ t salt
Beat wet into dry. Mix well. Refrigerate 30 min. Rol out and cut out in shapes. Bake 375° for 7-10 min
------icing
¼ c butter
1 c powdered sugar
Salt
1 t vanilla

Oh goodness. They are good without icing, but are pretty ok with it too.


The dough also makes for a good fruit pizza crust too. The baking time might need to be adjusted. For the pizza 'sauce' I just mixed up some cream cheese and whip topping, but I think some added marshmallow fluff would be good too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!

Love ALways,

Dad

grandma said...

Your mother has or had a good sugar cookie recipe. I know I still have it. I understand about the giraffe. That is why I make stars and bells at Christmas. Grandma A. used to make pretty nice snowmen, etc. I don't have the steady hand. I received the package yesterday afternoon. Love it.

Kelly said...

I absolutely love that fruit pizza dessert!