Monday, January 18, 2010

quilt along- I'm along

I've mentioned before that I am intimidated by quilting. It used to be quilting and zippers, but I'm over the zipper fear now. When I read that I Have To Say was hosting a quilt-a-long, and after she assured me that she would be posting lots of pictures and directions step by step, I was on board. It does involve fabric shopping, so that helped too.
Starting the 25th of this month, she's going to be giving directions and pictures once a week to step by step put together a 50x62 quilt. It will last 6 weeks. I'm going to see if I can keep up. It looks like a nice quilt for a beginner.
unrelated picture: The ants found a lost candy cane. We can't figure out where they are coming from. darn ants.

3 comments:

grandma said...

I'm excited about your quilt. I do hope you can keep up.

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled that you are doing a quilt. I assume that you are doing the final "quilting" by hand, if not, we have a woman in our congregation who has a huge quilting machine.

You will not have ants if the kids would just eat the candy instead of dropping it.

I don't know what brand of ant killer Jill & Grandma have found, but it is great!!!

Love Always,

Dad

Melissa said...

I'm not a fan of toxic chemicals but Terro worked will for our tiny ants. I put it in little jar lids out of the kids reach but near their path.

I actually found ants in a Christmas tin from last year in our basement the week of Christmas. Quite the little pests.