Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"arrrr!" said my pirate

I have a new item! Last night I finally made up a clear snack bag. I have been thinking about a way to make a clear bag, or maybe one with a window so that we could see what is in each snack bag. I had about 5 yards of clear vinyl left over from a project I never got to about 3 years ago. Perfect! On my way up to bed, I passed the vinyl lying out on my sewing table, and had an idea. I sewed up the vinyl as I would have a normal sandwich bag, then I added confetti and glitter and colored Velcro. They turned out super cute. The best part might have been that they took a fraction of the time as a regular snack bag.


This morning, the kids and I took a trip to the fabric store for some other items and found some cute pirate and fairy stickers, perfect to go inside a clear snack bag. The fun items are sewn in between two layers of vinyl so there is no fear of the items being eaten or getting cracker crumbed. I know I have some confetti with Bee’s name left over from her birthday party last year, and I am now trying to hunt it down. Lou has been carrying his around saying "Arrrr!"

2 comments:

Mrs. Cline said...

Those are so cute! I can't beleive you stopped and made those on your way to bed! You are super crafty!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a new blogger and loving it! I love your fabric sandwich wrap--my blog frequently talks about the various day-trips my fiance and I take fishing. I was wondering if you had any fishing materials? Then, I would like to feature that item on my blog-if you are interested. www.wonderfulwonders.wordpress.com I actually just received a comment from someone saying they are getting addicted to my blog--kind of made my day. Anyway, I didin't know how to reach you except for here--I may be reached at blog. Thanks.