Wednesday, July 29, 2009

candied pecans

On the plane to IN, I ate a bag of trail mix that I had picked up at the grocery the week before. It was BOGO or I wouldn't have gotten it. It was fantastic though and the best part was the candied pecans, which I'd never really eaten (I didn't think until recently that I liked nuts). When I was visiting my grandma's house I was telling her about it and she thought they would be something that I could make myself. I looked online and found a recipe. They turned out really tasty. My mom and sister helped me (ok, it was mostly me) eat the whole bowl that evening.

Here's the recipe:
1 egg white
1 T water
1/2 t vanilla (optional)
1 C sugar
1 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon (optional)
1/2-1 pound pecan halves (I used a half pound and it was the perfect amount for the dry ingredients- it made them nice and sugary!)

stir the egg and water mix until frothy. coat the pecans. dip in dry mix. cook on a single layer for 1 hour at 250 degrees.






next time- I will just dump the wet in a gallon zip lock with the pecans, coat- then dump in the dry. It'll be a real time saver.


Since I mentioned her, here's a picture of Bee cuddling on the couch with my grandma. We love visiting her house!

3 comments:

Chris said...

mmm, those were delicious. let's have more asap.

dana said...

Oh man those look SOOOO good. Dangerously good.

thanks for stopping by MADE. I have yet to purchase fold over elastic. But I think I'm gonna love that too! :)

Unknown said...

Beth,

What a cute picture of those two!

I have been so impressed with this blog...I'm pretty lucky to have such a creative cousin.

Best-Julia M.