Monday, May 4, 2009

happy mothers day- sneak peak of some gifts

I have now mailed all of the Mother's Day presents to our mothers and grandmothers. Like every year, they got something handmade. I have always said that one of the big benefits of having kids (beside the free workers -just starting to see this- and the big tax break) is that they can make better gifts than you can buy, especially for grandparents! I can only share two of the grandma's gifts, since they are non blog readers. The other gifts will have to wait a few days, I don't want to ruin any surprises. My mother in law and my step mom got painted totes from the kids. I made up simple canvas tote bags (which I have decided to sell in my shop) and let the kids paint all over them.


Bee decided to use hand prints and write her name. Lou did his hand, then ate some paint. I have been encouraging both Grandma's to start using reusable grocery bags, so on the reverse side, we painted "Grandma's groceries." Maybe they'll get the hint. I had Bee write the words out on paper and then I transferred her handwriting to the bag and painted that part myself. Her writing abilities have really just begun in the past two months and I did not think she was ready for large letters and paint, although she did well on her name. I hope they like them and I really hope they use them!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what I get - Mom